I’m trying to get better at speaking and presenting publicly – if I’m advising clients to do so, I figure I should practice what I preach. If you’re around Boston or NYC in April or May, please consider coming to one of these events – and please do say hello and introduce yourself if we haven’t yet met. It’s nice to make real life connections with the online community.
1. BU Chapter of 85 Broads Spring Conference, April 2, 2011 Boston, MA – This year the theme is “Confessions of an Entrepreneur,” where various CEOs and founders share their journeys to starting their businesses and start-ups. I’m on the PR panel, so if you plan to enter the public relations profession, start your own firm or even just consult, hopefully I can share some valuable insights to help you in your journey.
2. Social Media & Community 2.0 Strategies, April 4-6, 2011 Boston, MA- I’ll be speaking on measurement of social media campaigns and efforts. A lot of great social media folks – Scott Stratten, Aaron Strout, Rachel Happe and many others – will be speaking as well, on various topics related to business, social media, marketing, community, branding and more.
3. Cape Cod & Plymouth Biz Event – Enterprising Women – Wake Up Wisdom for Women, April 14, 2011 Hyannis, MA – I’m lucky enough to speaking among other smart businesswomen who will also share their experiences, tips and tools on how to be a successful female business leader. I’ll be on the “Leadership Lessons” panel.
4. Tory Johnson’s Spark & Hustle National Tour, May 12-14, 2011 Boston, MA – A tour designed to inspire small business owners, I’ll be speaking on how to embrace new marketing tools like social media and integrate them with more traditional, yet still valuable, principles. Speakers on this tour have included dynamic men and women from companies such as Vera Bradley, Sittercity, Liz Lange Maternity, QVC and many more. I’m honored to be a part of the Boston leg.
5. PR News Facebook Conference, May 24, 2011 NYC – A Facebook-focused conference designed specifically for PR professionals, where I’ll be speaking on best practices for monitoring employees’ Facebook activity for optimal and safe results. Do you know how to make your employees brand ambassadors without hijacking their personal lives?
6. unGeeked Conference; Boston, November 10-12, 2011 Boston, MA – I’m excited to not only be speaking about social media, marketing, branding and PR but to be a part of the Regional Executive Team helping to organize other speakers for this conference. Interested? Let me know. Sponsored by Mashable, unGeeked is about creating and engaging an entire community, regionally, nationally and internationally of Marketing, Branding, PR, HR, Legal, Sales and Customer Service professionals, Consultants and businesses both on-line, during a 3-day retreat and after the retreat for the ultimate in discussions and information sharing.