I never promised I’d keep ‘em coming daily (did I?), just that I’d post at least 365 So, to catch up, here’s 12-22.
12) Admit your mistakes – it’s the only way to truly improve from making them.
13) Don’t “Over-Google,” – some things in life are best learned from actual people – like your spouse, your Doctor, scientists, etc. Social insights only go so far.
14) If you keep people guessing, they’ll never be able to reproduce what you do. Stay the course, YOUR course. Even if others don’t quite get it, criticize it or wonder just what the hell you’re doing.
15) Believe in you. It’s the best investment you can make.
16) Know when to walk away. There are many times in life you’ll need to do so for your best interests.
17) Stop listening. Sometimes you have to ignore what the haters say and keep focused on the good things in your life.
18) Exercise. Always.
19) Find champions. Not just those that you admire, but those that admire you and can inspire, lead and direct you as you navigate new challenges in life.
20) Be honest. It isn’t always easy, it’s often uncomfortable – but it’s always the best way (even if a little white lie right now seems the easiest way out).
21) Don’t underestimate yourself. If you think you can’t, you can’t. But if you try, you’ll likely never regret it – and will always learn something new.
22) Turn the TV off. Or the computer, the iPod, iPad, whatever. Invest in people, books, music… learning – at least more than zoning out in front of the boob tube. You don’t want to be a boob, do you?
What I’ve Learned, What I’m Learning – #365LifeLessons
Filed under: 365 Life Lessons | Tagged: #365LifeLessons, competitive edge, inspiration, lessons for my sons, life | Leave a Comment »